How Innovative Technology is Disrupting the Parking Industry
Though technology touches almost every aspect of life today, some services just haven’t caught up. Parking was one, before Flash, that lagged behind its automobile counterpart. And that’s why we made it our mission to bring the transformative power of cloud computing to the parking industry.
Now, we’re revolutionizing how people park.
Our suite technology has disrupted the parking industry, ushering in a new era of real-time responsiveness to consumer demand. And we’re not alone in the race toward creating a smarter, more dynamic future for parking; through curated partnerships and alliances, Flash offers an entire ecosystem of smart parking solutions that are driving new revenue sources for parking asset owners and new convenience for end users.
Parking and technology go hand in hand
From everyday successes to strategic long-term opportunities, Flash technology leverages the powerful combination of cloud-based computing and custom hardware-as-a-service (HaaS) to improve oversight, simplify management and maintenance, and increase not only overall revenue but the number of potential revenue streams.
These are the technologies that define our influence in parking for the 21st century.
Eight ways that tech improves parking
- Cloud computing. Remote management, unparalleled reliability, and critical adaptability are all the result of our cloud-born platform. That means data in the palm of your hand, 99.9% uptime, and the ability to introduce new customer features in seconds.
- Scalability. FlashOS is designed to scale up or down through flexible programming as your business and operational needs inevitably evolve.
- Redundancy. The right kind of redundancy! The ability to expand, change, or even duplicate your setup without ever experiencing data loss also makes it easy to transfer data or install at new locations.
- Minimal maintenance. Because software updates and resets are performed remotely, there’s less need for in-person maintenance. FlashOS runs continuously, boasting a 99.9% uptime, which ensures that your asset is operating at its peak efficiency at all times and is always equipped with the latest technology.
- Bluetooth. This familiar technology implemented in the parking experience for seamless access and convenient payments is simple, easy, and fast. Users will enjoy the seemingly futuristic action of tapping a single tap in the palm of their hand, even though it’s how parking should be these days.
- RFID, AVI, and LPR. As Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID), Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI), and License Plate Recognition (LPR) technologies become more ubiquitous in our modern cities, parking garages are the ideal locations to benefit from this convergence of tech and service. These new technologies lead toward a faster entry and exit experience by triggering actions such as gate openings, automated gate access, and simplified payments for customers.
- Mobile payments. Mobile payments are quickly becoming the standard for checkouts everywhere, from retail to restaurants. Flash enables mobile and touchless payment options for your visitors, allowing parking to meet consumer expectations without missing a beat.
- eParking reservations. Today’s parkers find their parking in advance, locate it on their phone, and review rates before booking. That’s why it’s critical to show up on leading reservation apps to increase your visibility, utility and ultimately, revenue.
Leading the here and now
Even though we’re proud of our offerings today, we never stop asking: what’s next?
Our industry is trending toward more diligent car-counting with synchronized availability displays, which offer valuable insights to potential parkers before they enter a lot. Advanced sensors are even being introduced to ease parking-related congestion and reduce overall emissions. The sustainable impacts of smart parking will only intensify as electric vehicles become the norm. With EVBox as our charging partner, Flash is getting ahead of the curve to bring EV charging into the mainstream today at urban parking garages and lots along major travel corridors.
The 21st century of parking technology has already made great strides from the last generation and Flash has been at the forefront of it all. As the needs of smart cities, new mobility, and urban dwellers evolve, we’ll continue to be one step ahead, responding to the future with today’s technology in hand.
This Week’s Sponsor
FlashParking is the leader in parking technology powering the transformation from isolated parking assets to connected mobility hubs with the first Mobility Hub Operating System. Once underutilized parking assets are optimizing operations, gaining real-time visibility, and connecting to the smart city through FlashParking’s suite of enhanced 21st-century parking, a robust business intelligence engine, and partnerships in the logistics, transportation, and mobility ecosystems. Visit www.flashparking.com to learn more.
Top 5 Ways Smart Building Projects Fail I recently received an email from a fellow buildings nerd, let’s call her Mary the Mechanical Engineer. Her message had this subject line: “Thinking about leaving the industry…” Mary’s an expert in traditional building systems who has been through many challenges trying to make those systems smarter on project after project. Mary is tired… and I understand why.
Priority 2021: Unlocking Better Real Estate Returns through Workplace Experience The world is taking a fresh look at the value of corporate real estate, and that’s a good thing. It only took a few months of working remotely for many organizational leaders to begin asking, "Are offices really needed?" While it’s natural to react with concern when faced with a question like this, now is the perfect opportunity for corporate real estate leaders to lean-in and take advantage of this renewed interest in the value of offices.
Airwavz Solutions Helps Columbia Property Trust Ensure 95 Columbus is 5G Ready In-building wireless connectivity inside commercial real estate buildings is an important service for building owners and enterprise customers, especially for those looking to ensure their buildings are 5G-ready. Airwavz Solutions, a wireless connectivity company that designs, develops, owns, and operates 5G-ready, fiber backbone wireless infrastructure as a service, recently partnered with Columbia Property Trust to upgrade one of their national portfolio assets, 95 Columbus.
Dallara IndyCar Factory: NextGen Access Controls & Touchless Experiences The Realcomm | IBcon 2020 hybrid conference, held in late October 2020, featured more than 200 speakers from around the globe. Content from the event is curated each month in a video showcase designed to highlight how commercial and corporate real estate organizations implement new technology, build innovative teams, connect buildings and neighborhoods, and manage cyber hacks and security attacks.